FLORIDA - Tampa - 2014 - House Sitting - Chapter 1 - A Great Bungalow Revisited





Shortly before departing for two house/pet sitting assignments in Puerto Rico, I received a call from Letty, a previous client; they wanted me to sit their home and two dogs, Scooter and Miso.  The winds of good fortune were with us and I was available the week they needed.

Arriving to Paul and Letty's around 1900 was pretty much as I expected; friends reuniting. 

Entering the house, I was greeted by two anxious dogs.  After a couple minutes of them yelping and sniffing, they recognized me.  It was then my turn to greet them verbally, followed by belly rubs, and head pats.


 Some after greetings, we made our way to Cappys Pizza for a bite to eat.  Throughout dinner we exchanged what had change since our last meeting and what was in our futures.  Soon we were headed back to the house so Paul and Letty could finish packing.


With a 0600 flight departure time, our day started early.  Agreeing to take them to the airport, we left the house about the same time some partiers were going home.  On my way home is when it really occurred to me how early it was; Dunkin Donuts was not even open.


After getting back to the house, I settled in, then took a nap; why not?  The homeowners are sleeping on the plane.


The rest of the day was spent shopping, walking, and playing with the dogs.  




 Over the next few days, I occupied my time editing the pictures I'd taken in Puerto Rico and uploading them to stock photo sites.  For those that don't know about stock photo sites, it's where anybody can go and purchase a photo or photos.  This purchase includes limited copyrights and as a photographer adds a source, albeit small, of income.  The photos I on upload on these sites are different (or edited) from those used in my blog postings.


Once again, I realized this house is quite comfortable for me.  I'm not sure if it's the location, weather, neighbors, or what, but it sure feels like home. 


Until next time,

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment